Books I Wish Existed

January 18, 2010

When I was pregnant, I was overwhelmed by the number of parenting books on the market: What to Expect The First Year, Parenting by the Book, How to Talk so Kids Will Listen, etc., etc., etc. forever and ever, amen. Now that I'm a new parent, however, I've discovered that maybe there aren't enough books on the subject after all. So for all you publishers out there, here is a list of book titles I'd like to see on the market in each genre:

Memoir: Lost in the Fog: How Childbirth Turned Me into a Walking Vegetable

Instructional: Keeping 25 Baby Care Essentials Within Arm's Reach at all Times

Medicine: The Plastic Surgeon's Guide to Turning Two Arms into Four (or more)

Sci-Fi: The Baby that Never Slept

Horror: The Meconium of Doom

Romance: Love May Hurt for a While

Self-Help: Believing You are a Good Mother (even if you can't breastfeed)

Mystery: The Case of the Tiny Vanishing Socks

Fantasy: A Painless Birth

Cooking: Microwave Gourmet: Amazing Edibles in Under Ten Minutes

Reference: The World Encyclopedia of Non-Essential Baby Items

and finally...

Health: The Breastfeeding Father: The Art of Achieving Male Lactation

I think 7% in royalties sounds fair. You know where to find me.

5 comments:

TC said...

LOL! I have never given birth, but I LOVE those titles! Especially love the genres that go with them. Pretty clever lady, considering you are operating on little sleep! :)

Thanks for the b-day wishes, btw! :)

Sanctum's Muse said...

You're welcome!

Charmaine said...

The Art of Achieving Male Lactation. I'd read that in a flash.

I don't have children but I'd read it. Hello.

Is there a foundation I can donate in order to further this goal?

Sanctum's Muse said...

I wish! Unfortunately, I don't think any such foundation exists.

Thanks for reading!

Betsy Jordan said...

Love it, April!! Glad to see your sense of humor hasn't faded away due to lack of sleep, etc!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Comments are moderated, so they may not appear right away.